Monday, October 11, 2010

Been a weird month in Hogtown

I'm going to need another day before I'm ready to write a full blog post. Between being on the air five hours prior to South Carolina's upset of Alabama and then going into the night with expanded local postgame, I didn't get a chance to see several games I want to write about more extensively. One of those was LSU/UF, and considering this blog was originally created for me to keep in contact with my old Gainesville radio audience I want to make sure I know the full details when I write about it. Now that I'm back from the Panthers game, I'm busy going through my DVR'd games tonight and tomorrow during the day and will have an expanded post here tomorrow.

By the way, for those of you who do read this from Gainesville, it appears Rock 104 may soon be getting the gas pipe in favor of a country format called 103.7 the Gator. Between that and wearing those ridiculous orange jerseys this weekend, it appears some people's decision making skills down there are seriously out of whack right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing more ridiculous than LSU's fake field goal was the lack of preparedness for it by Florida. To not be alive for a fake when the team is lining up for a 50+ yard kick is absurd. Judging for the UF players reaction, they were NOT ready.

Unknown said...

Nice call on the dynamics of the USC game, Heath. Logically, Gators fans shouldn't have been rooting for USC, but I don't know anyone who didn't want to see them get that win. I think I'm going to have to start watching USC more often, nice to see a staff do more with less than vice versa.

Resisting the urge to engage in the usual post-game coaching rant...going to start being more positive and see how that works out.

Anonymous said...

Heath,

Here's one user in Gainesville that appreciates your efforts to keep us informed with what your thinking about the Gators and whatever else you think is worth mentioning. Keep up the good work please.

Rob said...

Yep. Rock 104 turned country today. I now have a free preset on my car stereo.

I appreciate your blog. It usually kicks off my day. I enjoy your comments.