Friday, June 19, 2009

How did people in the 1840s live with no power?

There were a few things I had on my mind to blog about today. The NCAA's incredulous "you can't be seriously appealing this, can you?" response to FSU, for one. Another was Maurice Clarett's amazing request for the governor of Ohio to give him a pardon less than three years after he not only committed armed robbery, but had an additional incident seven months later where he "had an AK-47 weapon with 35 live rounds in the magazine and three pistols in his vehicle. He was wearing a bulletproof vest. Investigators also found an open bottle of Grey Goose vodka and a hatchet." There was even the UFL draft, chronicled on a webpage featuring a bizarre "tough guy" shot of Jim Fassel. I'd have a lot more, except when I got home from work yesterday my electricity was out thanks to a nasty storm that whipped through around 7 PM. Now I have power again, but with a 4 PM show and no prep work last night I don't have time for a full blog. See you back here Monday for a more typical post - have a great weekend.

No comments: