Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Go Gamecocks!

No regular blog post today, because it's 4:44 AM eastern and I just got done editing all the interview sound from game one of the College World Series. If South Carolina wins today, I can finally leave Omaha and go down to Kansas City Wednesday before catching my 9:23 AM Thursday flight. If they lose, I'll be at Rosenblatt Stadium from early Wednesday afternoon until around 2 am and then drive two and a half hours to KC's airport to catch that same flight. Did I mention I'd be doing that on my birthday? Words can not describe how much I would prefer the Gamecocks win this baseball game - which of course means they won't. Will post if and when I get time, but depending on what happens it might be Friday before things here get back to normal. Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good birthday back home.

Walt said...

Ah, the glamorous life of the big-time sports media. There's much that the rank and file sports fan never stops to consider.
Safe travels and thanks for the info you provide.

Adios Rosenblatt said...

Good luck to South Carolina. I *believe* this would be their first NCAA championship in a men's team sport should they win (if not, you can count them on one hand for sure). It's not like UCLA needs another NCAA team championship.