Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Presidents Day

Friday I traveled over to Myrtle Beach with my wife, who had trained for weeks to run in their half marathon. In a display of staggering incomptence, the city cancelled the marathon at 11 PM the night before it was scheduled to begin at 7 AM. The next day, there was no reason they couldn't have run despite the snowfall the night before. We came back that evening, and watching my dog deal with snow all over the place has been interesting. Whether it was the snow or just normal canine aggression, she decided to go after a possum and wound up killing it by shaking it around before we could drag her away. Valentine's Day kept me busy Sunday. While Florida's irritating loss to Xavier, the bizarre Daytona 500 with repeated pothole issues, and the horrid NBA All-Star dunk contest all merit discussion, right now I'm still getting caught up and don't have time to do it. So, like the post office and the banks, I'm taking a holiday today. Back into the usual blog routine tomorrow.

No comments: