Monday, June 30, 2008

Mike Tyson's 42 today, and probably pretty surprised about it

Glad to see Earnest Graham get rewarded for last season with a new contract. Having said that, I'd like to know what the signing bonus is. That's the only thing Graham gets for sure, and the Bucs have way too many running backs right now. Knowing Gruden, he'll probably sign Shaun Alexander and see if Emmitt wants to come back before training camp's over.

Gary Parrish of CBS Sportsline has Nick Calathes as his 21st ranked prospect for next season's NBA draft. Calathes seems like a guy who'd benefit from at least two more years to me, but if the money's there you never know what kids might decide to do. Interesting that the SEC has only four guys projected as first rounders for 2009 after having just two this year.

Floyd Landis loses his final appeal to try and keep his Tour De France title. His "maybe the testosterone came from me drinking some beers" defense is perhaps the lamest excuse ever attempted.

The downturn in the economy is taking a bite out of lots of businesses, and it appears one of my favorite stores may be a victim. Steve and Barry's has gone away from their original model of selling only college t-shirts, hats and sweats in recent years, but it's still cool to go into one of their stores because you never know what you'll find. Just picked up an Eastern Michigan shirt at one of their stores last month, because I'm not likely to drop by Ypsilanti anytime soon.

When I saw this on the Wizard of Odds website, it blew my mind. National political radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt thinks Ohio State will slaughter USC. That seems ridiculous enough to me, but Hugh went above and beyond by mixing in nuclear holocaust anti-Obama rhetoric too. I'm just so proud of my line of work sometimes.

No comments: